Established in 2020 and started its functioning in Boys Higher Secondary Boniyar where from it was shifted to main campus Chahal, Boniyar. Boniyar, a town-let in tehsil Boniyar, district Baramulla, is in northernmost union territory of Jammu and Kashmir. It is located 20 km towards west from district headquarters Baramulla. Major site of attraction is Lower Jhelum hydropower project at Chahla Boniyar having capacity of generating 105 MW. Lachipora wildlife Sanctuary has been established for conserving Markhoor and other vulnerable animals.The bank of the dam of Lower Jhelum Hydropower plant has become a tourist destination.
There is diversity of people living in Boniyar town, with most of the people speaking Pahari. About 70-80 % people of town speak Pahari language. Left behind people mainly speak Kashmiri and Gujiri. Noorkhah, a village in Boniyar tehsil is prominent in mineral products like; Gypsum, Limestone and Ochre. Boniyar Tehsil is scholastically rich and productive since ages. This soil has a distinction in producing many prolific writers.
Boniyar tehsil eventually succeeded adding a great feather in its cap with the establishment of a “Degree College”. This accomplishment is unfoundedly a great feat, and thus, all the stake holders and the people of Boniyar, in particular warrant all the appreciation and recognition thereof.
Within a short period of time, the college has succeeded in developing an attractive look by constructing four pre-fabricated huts, establishing a fully equipped browsing centre with internet facility and a library rich in content and material. All the classrooms are having the facility of infrared optical interactive panels. The construction of the college main building is under progress while the ground floor has been completed. The college is permanently affiliated to the University of Kashmir and the college has applied for the inclusion in the list of colleges under section 2(f) of the University Grants commission, New Delhi
TARGETS ACHIEVED DURING 2021-2022
- Two Lavatory Blocks 04 each for boys and girls has been completed with an estimated cost of rupees 21.95 lakhs.
- 250 KVA sub-station has been established.
- All the classrooms are fully equipped with modern technology like smart digital boards.
- Browsing Centre has been established in the college with more than 25 computers having internet facility, printers; Photostat machines and other electronic accessories.
- (PMSSS) Scholarship Document Verification Facilitation Centre has been set up in the college.
- The college has purchased nearly 4000 textbooks/ reference books for college library.
Targets to be Achieved During 2022-23
- Completion of College main building Phase 1st.
- Construction of the pre-fabricated block with an estimated cost of rupees 24 lakhs.
- Fencing of the college premises.
- Introduction of New Subjects
- Construction of College Canteen/Cafeteria/Gym/TT. ( DPR submitted to HED)
- Construction of Chowkidar Hut.
- DPR of 2nd Phase of College Main Building to be submitted to HED.